Emerging evidence continues to point to a major cosmic impact 12,800 years ago as the primary cause for the tragic loss of nearly all of the remarkable large animals that had survived the stresses of many ice age periods, including mammoths, mastodons, giant ground sloths, American camel and horse, and saber- toothed cats. About 12,800 years ago when the Earth was warming and emerging from the ...
The three-day US Space Tech Conference and Expo kicked off at the Long Beach Convention Center in California on Tuesday with focuses on the future of commercial space flight.The debut of Lynx, the piloted two-seat reusable spacecraft developed by XCOR Aerospace attracted the attention of many visitors who have been keen on the arrival of the age of space tourism.The aircraft-like Lynx vehicle is ...
Campaign of mayoral candidate Greuel meeting with voters. Despite the high stakes, the race has been a mostly low-drama affair between two government regulars. In a city known to yawn at local politics, turnout is expected to be sparse, perhaps only one in four voters will go to the polls. (AP ...
Bowling Green was closed for a couple hours following Tuesday night's crash, but has since been reopened. Initial reports indicated that the passengers of the two vehicles were taken to local hospitals but were not badly hurt. Toledo News Now reports that a Toyota Camry was rear-ended by a bus transporting employees of ...
Oklahoma know all too well the destructive power of a tornado, but when a big one rolled toward the town of Moore again on Monday, residents had few basements ...
70.9°F Mostly Cloudy
Children of Paradise (Les Enfants du paradis) [Blu-Ray]
Often referred to as the French answer to Gone With the Wind (1939) and certainly among the most beloved (if not the most beloved) of French films, Marcel Carn's gorgeous and sprawling Children of Paradise (Les Enfants du paradis) is a lush ro ... ...
Senate Judiciary Committee 's action, saying the bill was consistent with the goals he has expressed. "I encourage the full Senate to bring this bipartisan bill to the floor at the earliest possible opportunity and remain hopeful that the amendment process will lead to further improvements," Obama said in a statement released by the White House. By a vote of 13-5, the Senate ...
View Photo Reuters/Reuters - Workers from Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc gather during a protest over an accident where 39 workers attending an underground training were trapped when a tunnel collapsed, at Mile ...
We at Universe Today have been wondering, where did Chris Hadfield find the time to do all the great videos he put together during his five months on the International Space Station, all while his Expedition set records for the amount of scientific research performed? Now there’s even more. Hadfield teamed up with Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage ...
Congress isn’t rushing to stave off looming furloughs for federal weather forecasters, even after they issued tornado warnings credited with saving countless lives in Oklahoma.Some lawmakers are open to looking at sequestration’s effects on the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, home to the National Weather Service and its 3,500 forecasters. But they said it’s too ...
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday approved legislation that would bring about the biggest changes in U.S. immigration policy in a generation, setting up a spirited debate in the full Senate next ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Holiday Inn South Beach, Miami Beach
Located on the beach and equipped with a number of resort facilities this good standard 3 star Holiday Inn is ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Raleigh TimesRaleigh Times: Raleigh News Report in online newspaper format
The Raleigh Times is essentially a local Raleigh newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Raleigh, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Raleigh, North Carolina, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Raleigh Times.
Voting is on for 28 seats of the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council in Assam today.
Over 1,21,000 voters are eligible to seal the political fate of 138 candidates. The Congress has fielded 28 candidates. The BJP has its candidates in ten constituencies. Nineteen former insurgent leaders are also in the poll fray.
Meanwhile, security has been intensified across Dima Hasao District to conduct free and fair polls.
Thirteen additional companies of para-military force and Assam Police battalions have been deployed. Ninety Six polling stations have been identified as very sensitive and 66 as sensitive. Counting of votes will be held on May 24. (ANI)
- New evidence supports theory of cosmic impact 12800 years ago
- US Space Tech Conference Expo focuses on commercial space flight
- Early vote points to close race as L.A. picks mayor
- Up to 30 hurt in crash in northwest Ohio
- Oklahoma short on storm shelters
- Mecklenburg ‘Dysfunction 101’ back in session
- Lowe’s sends aid to disaster areas
- Water is safe for residents in Wake Forest neighborhood
- CMPD’s Putney is finalist for Winston-Salem chief
- FBI searches for fugitive sex offender
- Number of Afghan women jailed for moral crimes increasing says human rights group
- Women should enjoy their sexuality says Heather Graham
- Saudi cleric says using air-conditioners by women immoral
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- T. rex cousin fed more like falcon than crocodile
- Chris Brown and girlfriend Karrueche Tran involved in car crash
- No one besides Lundqvist stepping up
- Lundqvist rues bad bounces around net
- Rangers shoved to brink after blowing third-period lead
- Yanks streak ends with 10th-inning HR off recent call-up Nuno
- Golf hurts itself with short-sighted new rule
- Indo-China bilateral meet on healthcare sector held at Geneva
- Lindsay Lohan struggles in rehab
- Protest opposes London-wide National Health Service cuts
- Four Ohio nurses charged with drug thefts www.privateofficer.com
- Doctors say victim of face-chewing attack in Miami last year making progress playing guitar
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Raleigh Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Raleigh waits for higher powers to decide on sweepstakes parlors
- UNC Orange County collaborate on energy project
- Public Hearing on Sale of Retail Space
- Red Hat Says ‘Welcome’ and ‘Thank You’ With Free Concert
- Community Leaders Celebrate the Selection of Raleigh’s Fayetteville Street as a Great Place In North Carolina