FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - Attorneys on Tuesday are expected to summarize the case of a Fayetteville man accused on raping and killing a 5-year-old girl more than three years ago. Mario Andrette McNeill, 32, is charged with murder, kidnapping and rape in the death of Shaniya Davis. Her body was found on Nov. 16, 2009, in a kudzu patch off N.C. Highway 87 on the Lee-Harnett county line, six days ...
Raleigh, N.C. - Cynthia Perry knows her 7-year-old, Amiyah, is good at math and would like to be better at reading. "She loves reading, even though she struggles with it," the single mom from Wake Forest said Monday. Amiyah was in summer school last summer for help with reading, and she'll take extra classes again this summer. "She still hasn't caught up ...
Raleigh, N.C. - Good morning and welcome to Today @NCCapitol for Tuesday, May 21. This is WRAL's roundup of what you need to know about North Carolina state government today. VOUCHERS: The state House Education Committee is scheduled to hear the Opportunity Scholarship Act today at 11 a.m. The bill would give parents up to $4,200 in vouchers to send their children to private ...
No problems are being reported at 5:45 a.m. Tuesday on Charlotte-area roadways. There are no reports of collisions or other problems blocking travel lanes. Congestion also is not a problem at this time. Earlier construction projects have been completed on Interstate 85 in Cabarrus County and on Interstate 485 at Interstate 77 in Pineville. There is still a bit of slow traffic on I-85 ...
The New Hanover board of county commissioners voted 3-2 on Monday to remove an elected official for the first time in nearly a century under a rarely used ...
69.1°F Mostly Cloudy
Ivan's Childhood (Ivanovo detstvo) [DVD]
Especially in Western culture, the term childhood comes laden with heavy associations--particularly innocence, comfort, and a strong sense of safety. As the poet Edna St. Vincent Millay described it, Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies. Thus, it is telling that director An ... ...
A Pennsylvania state trooper remains in critical condition in a hospital in Wilmington, N.C., as a result of being hit by a deer while riding a motorcycle early Friday, police ...
Charlotte Roller Girls (CLTRG), the Queen City's most established roller derby league. As a skater-operated team, CLTRG members are local business professionals by day and kick-butt derby gals by night. By honoring and encouraging self-expression and diversity, CLTRG has created a safe and organized environment that ...
crowd of hundreds of peaceable citizens (the highest count yet) gathered at the North Carolina Legislature buidling to protest right-wing policies pushed by GOP lawmakers. The Moral Mondays protests, launched by the NC chapter of the NAACP, is now in its fourth week. The number of protesters arrested for May 20th ...
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -; Former Arkansas quarterback Brandon Mitchell says he is transferring to North Carolina State to play his final ...
HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. - The sudden shutdown of a nuclear power plant outside North Carolina's capital city because of year-old data prompted questions at a local meeting with federal regulators on Monday. Nuclear Regulatory Commission employees held an annual public meeting and question-and-answer session about the Shearon Harris nuclear plant at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. The meeting ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton Hotel Auckland, New Zealand
Promoted as 'The Boutique Hotel completely surounded by water', the Hilton Auckland is indeed in a unique location, right at ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Raleigh TimesRaleigh Times: Raleigh News Report in online newspaper format
The Raleigh Times is essentially a local Raleigh newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Raleigh, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Raleigh, North Carolina, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Raleigh Times.
Voting is on for 28 seats of the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council in Assam today.
Over 1,21,000 voters are eligible to seal the political fate of 138 candidates. The Congress has fielded 28 candidates. The BJP has its candidates in ten constituencies. Nineteen former insurgent leaders are also in the poll fray.
Meanwhile, security has been intensified across Dima Hasao District to conduct free and fair polls.
Thirteen additional companies of para-military force and Assam Police battalions have been deployed. Ninety Six polling stations have been identified as very sensitive and 66 as sensitive. Counting of votes will be held on May 24. (ANI)
- Climate change after cosmic impact may have wiped out wooly mammoths
- Venus Jupiter and Mercury will dance in spring twilight
- Former IRS commissioner heads to Hill amid scandal
- Committee nears final big immigration decisions
- One giant leap for Britain UKs first official astronaut Major Tim Peake on tweeting like Chris Hadfield and missing his wife and sons
- Trial of man accused of killing Fayetteville girl winds down
- Voucher bill provides public money for private schools
- Today NCCapitol Voucher bill begins to move in the House budget amendments on tap in the Senate
- Tuesday morning traffic update
- New Hanover commissioners oust fellow member
- Afghan women getting jailed for moral crimes
- 72 pc women experience constipation bowel problems during pregnancy
- Do men behave better than women while traveling
- Smoking during pregnancy up obesity and diabetes risk in baby girls
- In Kabul UNESCO chief spotlights Afghanistans educational and cultural gains
- Ignoring warnings North Korea continues to fire projectiles
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- Shocking lawsuit claims NY high schools admissions policy racially biased
- US charges three NYU researchers for taking bribes from Chinese company
- Nash’s breakout game bodes well for Rangers
- Lundqvist turns aside shoulder concerns
- D’ daze Girardi Co. forge on after 5-goal dud
- Knicks final report card
- Spring pickups don’t Buck productive trend
- Lindsay Lohan struggles in rehab
- Indo- Swiss bilateral meet held at Geneva
- Software May Allow Doctors To Track Progression Of Cancer Response To Treatment And Risk Of Relapse
- Greatest Global Health Challenge Providing Healthcare In Developing Countries
- Privacy public health and the moral hazard of surveillance | Cory Doctorow
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Raleigh Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Pennsylvania trooper injured in North Carolina accident
- 80-Year-Old North Carolina Educator Why I Got Arrested Protesting Right-Wing Agenda for Schools
- QB Mitchell decides on North Carolina State
- Tornado slams school in Oklahoma City suburb
- Wake manager’s budget $982M no tax hike