The Indian software industry is poised for a strong revenue growth driven by social media, mobility, analytics and cloud, said a report published by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). The Indian companies in the top 100 emerging markets list bring combined revenue of $797 million. India ranks fifth among the emerging markets based on revenues, according to the PwC Global 100 Software Leaders report, ...
spam was being sent from India and the country stood second among the spam sending countries. The report added that 1.75% of computers in India were found accessing Botnet connected servers, ...
Mailbox CEO Gentry Underwood said that people have to use email whether they like it or not. So they target those people who feel crushed by it, and build an experience that is more delightful. ...
Time Warner Cable's bid was fashioned as an equity investment, another person said, as the cable operator hopes to set up a joint venture with other cable companies to operate ...
MOSCOW: Vkontakte, Russia's biggest social networking website, was put on a state registry of blacklisted websites by mistake on Friday, an official said. "This was a mistake. Our employee put a tick in the wrong place," said Vladimir Pikov, spokesman for Russia's telecom watchdog Roskomnadzor. "We will ...
51.5°F Partly Cloudy
Black Swan [Blu-Ray]
Darren Aronofksys Black Swan, a psycho-sexual thriller about the horrors of artistic perfection, is a strangely effective companion piece to Aronofskys last film, The Wrestler (2008), a bittersweet drama about an aging, physically exhausted pro wrestler battling both his inner ... ...
infertility specialist Dr Nandita Palshetkar says that the high-frequency electromagnetic radiation that cell phones emit may be associated with increased risk of brain tumours. "However, other tissues in the body such as the testes may also be sensitive to these cell phone radio frequency electromagnetic fields. Cellphone fields, because of their frequency and intensity, are prone to ...
NEW DELHI: Nokia has slashed the price of its Lumia 920 flagship smartphone in India, barely a week after it introduced the Lumia 925 globally. Lumia 920 was launched in the country in January this year at Rs 38,199, but can now be purchased at Rs 32,639 from the Finnish manufacturer's partner website. The company is also offering a free wireless charger, priced at Rs 3,000, with the ...
NEW DELHI: UPA at 9 may not have done very much but it has certainly tweeted a lot. In the last 200 days (since the last reshuffle) the government may have been challenged to find convincing explanations for the surge of new controversies but that has not stopped it from stepping up its act on social media. First movers ...
Consumer demand for low-cost applications that can replace short text messaging on mobile phones helped spur the launch of a Bangalore-based start-up ...
viruses and other molecules. The app and cradle system for smartphones has sensitive biosensing capabilities that could enable on-the-spot tracking of groundwater contamination and combine the phone's GPS data with biosensing data to map ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Hilton Hotel Auckland, New Zealand
Promoted as 'The Boutique Hotel completely surounded by water', the Hilton Auckland is indeed in a unique location, right at ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Raleigh TimesRaleigh Times: Raleigh News Report in online newspaper format
The Raleigh Times is essentially a local Raleigh newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Raleigh, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Raleigh, North Carolina, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Raleigh Times.
Voting is on for 28 seats of the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council in Assam today.
Over 1,21,000 voters are eligible to seal the political fate of 138 candidates. The Congress has fielded 28 candidates. The BJP has its candidates in ten constituencies. Nineteen former insurgent leaders are also in the poll fray.
Meanwhile, security has been intensified across Dima Hasao District to conduct free and fair polls.
Thirteen additional companies of para-military force and Assam Police battalions have been deployed. Ninety Six polling stations have been identified as very sensitive and 66 as sensitive. Counting of votes will be held on May 24. (ANI)
- Earliest light in universe since Big Bang measured for 1st time
- Russia plans four spacecraft launches in 2014
- Private firms may travel to lunar surface NASA report
- Space History Photo LASRE Pod Mating to SR-71
- Paper Japan government says unaware of ghosts at PM residence
- More docs going digital but N.C. lags nation
- S.C. Dems to Gov. Haley Dismiss Âwhite supremacistÂ’ from campaign committee
- UNC rallies to beat Clemson in 14 inning marathon
- Former Charlotte POW leads hymn at Nixon library
- Wilson County man killed in hit-and-run
- $2.6 mn necklace spirited away at Cannes Film Festival
- Women should look real raw Gisele Bundchen
- US mom gave birth to child after her heart stopped and then came back to life
- 100-year-old X-rays reveal how corset-clad Victorian women endured pain
- Inked women more approachable but have looser morals
- North Korea envoy hands over China's Xi a note of peace
- Suspected international arms dealer joins Bout in America
- Court rules against tough sheriff
- UK defends security services over Woolwich murder
- US bridge collapses sending vehicles into water
- Cochran and Kenny out in front
- Siva excels at at Nets combine
- Ed Fountaineâ€™s Stakes Spot Plays
- Reluctantly Nova to pen
- PBT Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose
- Health ministry sets up desk for private healthcare providers
- Doctors flooded with queries after Angelina Jolies double mastectomy
- Angelina Jolieâ€™s case has put women in a bind Doctors
- Canada revokes passport of doc accused in US medicare fraud
- Calif. man gets prison in Medicare fraud plot
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Raleigh Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- More docs going digital but N.C. lags nation
- North Carolina beats Northwestern will play Maryland for NCAA title
- Fayetteville man faces federal sex trafficking charges
- Tesla service center in Raleigh portends NC dealership
- Watch Missing College Student Found in North Carolina