RALEIGH, N.C. - Tesla Motors is fighting a bill in North Carolina that would effectively ban the company from selling its electric cars in the state, pitting it against auto dealers who say the car maker has an unfair advantage selling directly to consumers online. It's the latest such battle for California-based Tesla, which like other car manufacturers must navigate a patchwork of state ...
North Carolina lawmakers are reviewing a bill that bans automakers selling cars directly to consumers without going through a licensed dealer. Tesla would be affected by this proposed ban. Should Tesla be allowed to sell cars directly in ...
The North Carolina Tar Heels will face off against the Maryland Terrapins for the 2013 NCAA championship title. The Terps won the previous two games played against the Tar Heels including the ACC Tournament ...
Fayetteville, N.C. - A Fayetteville man has been indicted on federal sex trafficking and child pornography charges, police said Friday.Fayetteville police began investigating Christopher Jason Williams, 33, of Windy Hill Circle, in January when a 14-year-old girl told police that a man held her against her will for several weeks at a Fayetteville home and had sex with her. Police later found a ...
Take a peek inside the Tesla service center in Raleigh, not far down the road from the Angus Barn steakhouse, and you will get a glimpse at what some believe is the future of the American automobile. The single bay garage is just big enough to squeeze in a pair of lifts, shelves of wipers and battery packs stacked in wooden crates. But notice what’s not there: no motor oil, no belts, no ...
73.3°F Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the NW at 3.0 MPH Gusting to 5.0 MPH
Crazy, Stupid, Love.
Crazy, Stupid, Love. begins like an alternate-universe version of last summers Date Night: Instead of Steve Carells wife being played by Tina Fey and making jokes about imagined conversations taking place amongst their fellow diners in a nondescript restaurant, ... ...
A missing University of Rhode Island student was found unharmed eight states -- in North Carolina but how he got there. It's still a mystery 21 year old Matthew -- was supposed to come home ...
WASHINGTON - Government health officials are investigating cases involving patients who suffered complications after being injected with potentially contaminated medications made by a Tennessee specialty pharmacy. The Food and Drug Administration said Friday the problems involve seven patients -- two from North Carolina and five from Illinois - who received steroid injections from Main ...
Fayetteville, N.C. - The North Carolina State Highway Patrol is putting extra focus this holiday weekend on drivers who are texting and checking email from behind the wheel.Troopers are targeting major four-lane roads and highways, including interstates 85, 95 and 40.In Cumberland County, troopers will be stationed every 15 miles to look out for distracted drivers.A 2009 state law prohibits ...
Raleigh is winning. At least in the battle for information jobs. Dubbed a "rising star," the Raleigh-Cary region ranks No. 8 among metros winning that battle, according to a analysis. Forbes says "less expensive" cities such as Austin and Raleigh are pulling information jobs from places such as Boston, New York and the Bay area. But other upstart locations are coming into ...
Durham, N.C. - A red-ruffed lemur escaped from the in Durham, taking a five-hour jaunt about town before it was corralled in someone's garage."Today is his birthday," Greg Dye, operations manager at the center, said about the animal, named Avion. "He was born five years ago, so this may be a birthday party that got out of control. We're not sure, but we're not ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Stamford Grand, Glenelg, Adelaide, Australia
The Stamford Grand is a landmark hotel built on Glenelg Beach, about 11 kilometres from the City of Adelaide. A ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Raleigh TimesRaleigh Times: Raleigh News Report in online newspaper format
The Raleigh Times is essentially a local Raleigh newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Raleigh, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Raleigh, North Carolina, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Raleigh Times.
Voting is on for 28 seats of the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council in Assam today.
Over 1,21,000 voters are eligible to seal the political fate of 138 candidates. The Congress has fielded 28 candidates. The BJP has its candidates in ten constituencies. Nineteen former insurgent leaders are also in the poll fray.
Meanwhile, security has been intensified across Dima Hasao District to conduct free and fair polls.
Thirteen additional companies of para-military force and Assam Police battalions have been deployed. Ninety Six polling stations have been identified as very sensitive and 66 as sensitive. Counting of votes will be held on May 24. (ANI)
- Israel stunned by Hawking snub
- Earliest light in universe since Big Bang measured for 1st time
- Russia plans four spacecraft launches in 2014
- Student-Built Robots to Race in Mock Mars Rover Challenge
- Powerful New US Military Satellite Launches Into Orbit
- Police Lincolnton man shot wife in head
- Marijuana found in bathroom at York County jail
- Duke gets funds to develop diverse scientists
- 3 motorcyclists die in Myrtle Beach wrecks
- Hilton Head balks at $1 million sailing center
- $2.6 mn necklace spirited away at Cannes Film Festival
- UAE minister ranked 67th among worlds 100 powerful women
- Women should look real raw Gisele Bundchen
- US mom gave birth to child after her heart stopped and then came back to life
- 100-year-old X-rays reveal how corset-clad Victorian women endured pain
- North Korea envoy hands over China's Xi a note of peace
- Suspected international arms dealer joins Bout in America
- Court rules against tough sheriff
- UK defends security services over Woolwich murder
- US bridge collapses sending vehicles into water
- Sanya Richards-Ross delays return to track
- Lester Red Sox take on Tribe at Fenway
- NHL approves Coyotes sale hurdle still remains
- Beckhams illustrious soccer career officially over
- Yankees Granderson heads back to 15-day DL
- Health Minister Back From Geneva
- Israeli Doctors Save Syrian Toddler
- Weekend Reading Public-Health Crises Surfer Girls
- Health ministry sets up desk for private healthcare providers
- Doctors flooded with queries after Angelina Jolies double mastectomy
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Raleigh Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Automaker Tesla takes fight to North Carolina mulls what could be tough national battle
- More docs going digital but N.C. lags nation
- North Carolina beats Northwestern will play Maryland for NCAA title
- Fayetteville man faces federal sex trafficking charges
- Tesla service center in Raleigh portends NC dealership