Teenagers are now turning to Twitter as their enthusiasm for Facebook is waning, a new study has found. The new report from the Pew Research Centre in America showed that teenagers "have waning enthusiasm" for Facebook, and increasingly seen as a burden. The report cited a number of reasons for the decreased enthusiasm in Facebook, including an 'increasing number of adults on the site', the ...
Twitter is bringing in an optional two-step login for users to beef up security following recent high-profile breaches. The micro-blogging site said it would introduce the new system 'to make sure it's really you' when a user signs in. Recently news organisations' accounts, such as the Financial Times and the newswire service the Associated Press (AP) were hacked. According to the BBC, some ...
Australian Test cricketer David Warner has copped a 5750-dollar fine from Cricket Australia for his Twitter rant controversy. Warner had pleaded guilty to unbecoming behaviour after his expletive-laden criticism of senior News Ltd cricket writers Robert Craddock and Malcolm Conn for an article by Craddock exposing the sleazy nightlife and alleged corruption within the Indian Premier League ...
Facebook is facing criticism regarding its content policy after videos showing people being beheaded were reported. Facebook reportedly admitted that it does not always make the right decisions on banning violent content. According to the BBC, the videos show a woman and two men having their heads cut off. Donald Turvill, 16, termed the clips to be too shocking. Young users across the site ...
Australia's opening batsman David Warner was Wednesday found guilty of breaching the Cricket Australia (CA) Code of Behaviour and was fined $5,750 for his twitter rant. Warner, who pleaded guilty, received the maximum financial penalty for a first offence under rule 6 of CA's Code of Behaviour, CA said in a statement. "In hindsight, clearly I let my frustrations get the better of me and posted ...
70.6°F Mostly Cloudy
Broadcast News [Blu-Ray]
Viewed today, nearly 25 years after its initial theatrical release, James L. Brookss sophomore feature Broadcast News is as much an anthropological excursion into the bygone era of network news as it is a socially attuned dramedy about the twin tugs of romance and professiona ... ...
Australia opening batsman, said on Thursday he regretted not keeping a lid on his outrage but maintained he had to defend himself after his image was used in a report condemning ...
India News: B'wood celebs and Tinsel Town in large numbers took on the social networking sites to present their despair and concern. Megastar Amitabh Bachchan is disappointed with the spot-fixing scandals surrounding the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL). Nevertheless, he believes it has been an exceptional ...
CALGARY -- Alberta Progressive Conservatives are chiding the Wildrose party over comments on the party's Facebook page by people angry at Leader Danielle Smith for attending a Sikh parade. Photos taken at the Calgary event earlier this month show Smith wearing a head scarf while she stands smiling with members of the Sikh community. Two comments were, "I like you, but this photo ...
Man charged over alleged racist Twitter comments at Northampton Towns Adebayo Akinfenwa and Clarke Carlisle
Ben Townsend, 25, of Norwich Drive in Cheltenham, was charged yesterday with two counts of sending by public communication network an offensive, indecent, obscene or menacing message.Townsend was arrested by officers from Gloucestershire Police on May 8 under the Malicious Communications Act, following an investigation by the force and Northamptonshire police.His arrest followed the allegation ...
Some have been successfully returned to their owners but many are still waiting to be found. (Pic: McClain County Animal Response Team ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Comfort Hotel Portrush
I arrived into Portrush, after a journey from Belfast to Londonderry on the M2 Motorway. Having seen Londonderry I was ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Raleigh TimesRaleigh Times: Raleigh News Report in online newspaper format
The Raleigh Times is essentially a local Raleigh newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Raleigh, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Raleigh, North Carolina, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Raleigh Times.
Voting is on for 28 seats of the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council in Assam today.
Over 1,21,000 voters are eligible to seal the political fate of 138 candidates. The Congress has fielded 28 candidates. The BJP has its candidates in ten constituencies. Nineteen former insurgent leaders are also in the poll fray.
Meanwhile, security has been intensified across Dima Hasao District to conduct free and fair polls.
Thirteen additional companies of para-military force and Assam Police battalions have been deployed. Ninety Six polling stations have been identified as very sensitive and 66 as sensitive. Counting of votes will be held on May 24. (ANI)
- Why Dont We Have Space Elevators Yet
- Hot Young Stars Radiation Will One Day Erase This Picture | Video
- How to fix college
- Czech police search for American suspected of killing family
- NOAA to release hurricane season forecast today
- Today NCCapitol Brawley throws down his gavel Senate budget poised to pass
- Governor Raleigh mayor to talk Dix deal Thursday
- Storms later today then cool and nice for weekend
- No injuries in south Iredell house fire
- Protesters expected at Chiquitas annual meeting Thursday
- Do women get two types of orgasms
- Sonia Gandhi Nooyi among Indians in Forbes worlds top 100 Most Powerful Women List
- Daily dose of calcium helps women live longer
- Oz girls team coach says more women to pursue cricket career following pay rise
- Oz women cricketers Down Under on top of world after hefty pay-hike
- Twister that hit Oklahoma caused $2 bn in damage
- FBI kill Florida man known to Boston bombing suspects
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- North Korean special envoy visits China to win confidence
- US officials say hypersonic weapons likely to hit battlefield by 2025
- German football team score after shot rebounds off nearby American football bar – video
- Sanchez intercepted three times during Jets OTA
- Has small shoulder tear J.R. has fluid on knee
- Unable to qualify at St. John’s and Iona Pelle sets sights on NBA
- Prigioni wants to stay in NBA
- Doctors Without Borders Halts Work in Northern Nigeria
- UMass Memorial Reaches Contract Deal With Nurses
- UMass Memorial nurses reach contract deal
- Medical breakthrough Doctors save Ohio boy by laser-printing an airway tube so he can breathe
- Public meeting Mona El Farra discusses public health in Gaza.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Raleigh Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Governor Raleigh mayor to talk Dix deal Thursday
- Triangle Rock Club to receive award from Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
- One Drone Victim’s Trail From Raleigh to Pakistan
- North Carolinas Raleigh Adding City Jobs Giving Workers Raises
- House bill lets Raleigh state renegotiate Dix property lease